Christmas picture day at the daycare is not something I typically pay much attention to since I have my own methods for getting holiday pictures. So, when the note came home giving the date for Addison's Christmas pictures, I pretty much ignored it. When Derek took her to school on the appointed day wearing her yellow onesie with the duckie on it (she looks cute in it, and it was about 85 degrees that day), Addison's teacher pointed out that it was picture day. "Oh," Derek said. "Well, that's OK." Her teachers, who spoil my child rotten to the point that she thinks her back end isn't ever supposed to touch anything resembling the ground, offered to dress her up for the picture. Derek agreed so as not to be rude and told me about it that night. Again, I pretty much wrote it off.
Then the proofs came back. They were actually really cute. They had put Addy in this sweet (and frillier than I would buy) red and white dress and even put a bow in her hair. There was this odd little white speck on her face that I assumed must have been an ink blip during the proof printing. So, I proceeded to order an 8x10, two 5x7s, 8 large wallets and 8 small wallets. And, again, it left my mind the next day.
Imagine my surprise when the pictures showed up and that little white speck was, in fact, NOT an ink blip, but SNOT. That's right, folks, snot. Apparently Miss Addison got her dander up that she was being expected to sit by herself and threw a full-on, all-out tantrum. And, instead of cleaning off her tears and nose before taking her picture in the sweet little red and white dress, the photographer just started snapping away.
So, if you're interested in owning your very own, one-of-a-kind, 2008 Addison Christmas Snot Picture, I have plenty left over. I'm happy to mail you one. All sizes are available. Please put in your order early to allow delivery by December 25.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





No comments:
Post a Comment