Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Pumpkin Carving

Ainsley decided she wanted to carve pumpkins this year...and I stupidly said yes. We went to one of the local church pumpkin patches to select the pumpkins. After she walked up and down the lot for about 30 minutes, we were finally able to leave with two pumpkins she decided were acceptable.

Then began the task of selecting the designs. Since Addison loves puppies, she decided Addison's should be a puppy pumpkin. Then she decided she wanted a kitty. Okie dokie. Now what?

I found these really cute designs online and thank goodness they weren't too difficult, because an artist, I am not...but take a look...

Ainsley's kitty design and Addison's puppy design

Ainsley decided she wanted to do this part herself. She did most of the kitty and all of the puppy. She was quite a trooper!

Here is the kitty after all the holes were punched. Lookin' good!

Whew! One down, and one to go...

Ainsley did this one completely by herself...I thought she did an amazing job!


Here is the puppy once I cut it all out...hopefully they still look this good on Halloween!

No comments: