Tuesday, February 17, 2009

We Have a New Reader!

Ainsley officially read her first book today! I am so proud of her I cannot stand it. Her teacher is exceedingly proud of her, too, which is only ONE of the reasons I adore that woman. She e-mailed me this afternoon to tell me Ainsley had read her first book and that she would be bringing it home with her this evening to read to us. Ainsley was so excited she couldn't wait to get home and read, so she read to me in the car. I never realized how proud I would be of her when she hit this milestone, but I just cannot stop smiling! Most importantly, though, she's proud of herself!!

I'll post pictures this weekend of her reading, because I have no doubt I'll have PLENTY of chances.

3 comments:

Datra said...

Congrats Ainsley!! Molly loves the Bob early reader books - it's amazing how quickly their little minds pick up reading! Tell Ainsley good job from the Quin house!!

Jennifer said...

Thank you so much, I certainly will. Ainsley is reading the Bob books as well. We've all (including Addison) been read each book several times, but it never gets old seeing her face light up when she realizes she's read an entire book on her own. What a great feeling!

Anonymous said...

Yay! Tell Ainsley that, even though she doesn't know me, I'm very proud of her! :) Hopefully I will make it down to Texas and finally meet your beautiful girls!

Love,
Andie