Thursday, January 8, 2009

Ainsley, aka The Next Ansel Adams

Ainsley received, among other things, a new Disney Princess Digital Camera for Christmas from my mother (aka Gram). This is probably Ainsley's absolute favorite gift for Christmas (although it runs a very tight race with the Barbie Sparkle Flying Horse she received from her cousin Clay).

Upon opening the camera on Christmas Day, Ainsley demanded that the camera immediately be removed from its packaging and the batteries put in so she could begin taking photos.

In addition to the typical functions of a digital camera, the Disney Princess camera has the ability to add in favorite Disney characters to your photos. This is a really neat feature. You can take a picture of a person and put a crown on her head (princesses ALWAYS wear crowns). Or, you can take a picture while standing next to your favorite Disney Princess.

I've pasted below some of Ainsley's first pictures (henceforth called her "early work") for you to see. Make sure you let me know quickly which work of art you want...I have no doubt they'll sell quickly. I can even have the artist autograph it for an additional fee. If you have to ask how much, you cannot afford it.


A picture of the refrigerator taken from the artist's perspective. Interestingly enough, the photo is of the artist's work in another medium. I call it "More about me."


A photo of the artist's Barbie Sparkle Flying Horse in repose. I call it "Wing Man Down."


A photo of the artist's childhood home at Christmastime. I call it "Yule Logs: A Study."


A photo of the artist's sister's toy balls. Alongside it the ever popular Disney squirrel has been added. I call it "Technicolor Joy."


A photo of the artist's childhood Christmas tree. The well-known Bambi has been added for dramatic effect. Notice the framing to incorporate the full body of the deer. I call it "I Wish I Were a Reindeer."

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a cool toy.

Jennifer said...

I know...isn't it? It was my mom's idea, because Ainsley is always trying to take pictures with other people's cameras. Now she has her own, and she LOVES it!

Anonymous said...

hahahahahahhaha.
those are absolutely hilarious