Saturday, October 18, 2008

♫ Please Come to Boston... ♫

I managed to wrangle a trip to Boston out of my company to attend a social media/social networking conference in Foxboro, MA (about 20 minutes outside of Boston and the home of the New England Patriots).

My oh-so-fabulous hotel room. Whee!

The conference was actually held at Gillette Stadium (very cool) where the conference planners planned for 70 and 300 showed (not cool - they ran out of food).

The view from the luxury-box level where our conference was held. Nice.

After the first day we wrapped up with a very nice cocktail reception where the vendors were able to pitch their wares to all the attendees. Amazingly, there were actually some pretty cool products there!


My friends Leslie, Christine and Christine during the evening reception.

We got a tour of the stadium from the luxury boxes all the way down to the sub-level area where the visitor buses arrive. We saw {a replica of} the visitor locker room as well as got to go down on the field and snap some pictures.

The view from the field. Not many people get this view. Very cool.

This was followed by a great dinner with new friends at a fabulous seafood restaurant a stone's throw from the stadium. We had a blast talking and laughing (and drinking...just a tad).


My new friends Bob, Amy, Thomas and Christine at SkipJacks for dinner. Yum!

The next day began more information about social media and other hi-tech influence on marketing and public relations. I learned a lot, but the best thing I learned was that I love Boston. It's a beautiful town, the people are SO friendly, the food is great, and there is A LOT to do.

We went to Harvard and Cambridge on day two, which was so much fun. This was followed by dinner/drinks on Newberry Street for more great fun/friends, fabulous conversation and awesome people watching.


My new friends Ben and Kara at Sonsie on Newberry Street.


More new friends - Liz and Jamie. Again, this is at Sonsie on Newberry.

I can't thank my new Boston friends enough for showing me an awesome time in BOS. I plan to return as soon as I can with the whole family in tow. This was an amazing time of year to be in New England, as the weather never got above about 70, and the leaves were all amazing shades of red, orange and gold. What a gorgeous place!


This is kind of a lame photo, but it's the only one I had time to snap. It's from the window of my rental car as I'm turning onto I-95 headed to the conference. I think some Boston drivers were getting slightly miffed with me while I took this! haha!

3 comments:

@Leslie said...

I loved meeting you :) I'm so glad you liked Boston. It's a great place, with some great peeps.

Can't wait to see you next visit!

Leslie Poston
@geechee_girl

lizwebpage said...

It was SO GREAT to meet you face to face at LAST! You'll have to come back again SOON (but maybe you'll want to wait until it's warmer!). Next time you can stay in the root cellar! We'll toast you at BOSup, baby! See ya on the twit!

--Liz Page | @lizwebpage

girlgamy said...

I really enjoyed meeting you and hanging out with you, especially at dinner! More wine please! LOL.
Hope I get to see you at SXSW09 if not sooner!
Hugs,
Amy Greenlaw
@girlgamy