Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Four Year Olds Rule

Ainsley got to celebrate her birthday in class on her actual birthday this year. She was VERY excited since it meant she was the 1st birthday celebration of the school year. Here she is pictured wearing her special birthday hat. Her teacher sets out glitter, stickers, feathers - anything a red-blooded, American girl could want to bling up her birthday hat. Ainsley chose almost entirely a hat decorated with stickers. That's mah girl!


This is Ainsley's class sitting behind the blue line before the celebration. Much of the class activities take place around the blue line. It's practically sacred.

After Ainsley walked around the sun (candle) four times (once for each year she's been on the Earth) she gets to blow out the candle. Thank goodness her teacher is there to make sure she doesn't get a face full of candle wax!


As shy as she can be at times, Ainsley is amazingly ALL ABOUT being the center of attention. She is very much in her element on her birthday day.

After the celebration in class, we headed outside to the picnic tables to have a special snack for her birthday. Mommy was instructed to bring fruit and cookies along with apple juice. I did EXACTLY what I was told.


The average adult would prefer to be waited on for their birthday. But, passing out plates to the other children is 4-year-old heaven...especially for a bossy kid like Ainsley!



Here is Ainsley hangin' with some of her favorite friends. Notice I am showing the fruit picture first to prove that they actually did EAT the fruit.


Ainsley's sweet teacher, Mrs. Hinson, took a picture of us before I had to go back to work. Since I'm usually the one behind the camera I have precious few photos of me with the girls. This one will probably be a favorite of mine for years to come.

Happy birthday, sweetheart.

No comments: