So, we've decided to sell our house. We love this house, but it's not the perfect house, and we have an opportunity to build from scratch and get "exactly what we want," so we're considering it. We're working with a real estate agent to set an asking price, moving furniture around, de-cluttering, etc., etc., etc.
Have you ever tried to de-clutter a house where two children live? It's quite an experience. We packed away a bunch of toys that Ainsley hasn't even looked at in months. Until, of course, she cannot see them in plain sight along with the other 10,000 toys she has.
Ainsley: "Daddy, where are my Thomas trains?"
Derek: "They're packed in a box."
Ainsley: "But I want to play with them."
Derek: "I'm sorry, Ainsley, but they're packed in a box. We can't get to them."
Ainsley: "But Daddy, I want to play with them."
Derek: "Ainsley, you will have to find something else to play with."
Ainsley: "But I don't have anything else to play with."
Right.
I hate moving.
It's exciting to pick out carpet, tile, paint and all that. We will both be closer to work - me more so than him, and closer to work is always good with gas prices the way they are. Ainsley and I are in the car about 45 minutes to an hour each direction. She's a real trooper during the trip, but I wouldn't hate cutting 15-20 minutes off the drive each way.
I hate moving.
We're in the process of thinking about maybe considering thinking about starting to plan to pack.
Did I mention that I hate moving?
Anyway...I'll keep you all posted on what happens with the listing/sale of the house. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment